Emergency!
Friday, October 22, 2004
  Quantum Physics. Something I never thought I'd think, talk or write about. Ever.
When I was little person, I used to question how I saw things. I always have had a very vivid imagination, and often I wondered about what was beyond the periphery of the things I could see. I wondered what made reality reality, and how it was different from dreams that seemed so real at the time. And tonight in what I originally concieved as a New Age Trip To Crap Logic, I learned that things that make you wonder to the point of making you think you yourself are going crazy, are based on quantum physics. The movie, What the Bleep was based on the conjectures of some pretty well known scientists and psychics (psychics? right....). Actually, "psychics" was misleading...

"One of the great enigmas that scientists have studied in the last decade is Ramtha, a mystic, philosopher, master teacher and hierophant. His partnership with American woman JZ Knight, his channel, still baffles scholars."

Wouldn't you know it, but what this woman (JZ Knight) was the best person giving narrative towards spirituality and quantum physics in the whole movie. A Tammy Faye Baker with a philosopher's reincarnated spirit within? Everything she said though, was so blunt and exact; about human nature, human function and habit and what needed to be changed about our perspectives towards matter especially.

I have -(fuck, I keep getting interrupted, and I'm fearful of losing everything out of my head before I get it all out) no intention of really dissing this movie. The only way that I could tear it up would be on stylistic choices, and really, since the whole film was just an animated textbook, 'visually appealing' was not supposed to be on their high list. But by animated textbook, I mean it was vividly clear how the very basics of quantum physics relate to us, our perceptions and how their principles make up our environment. And more specifically, how we affect our environment because of quantum physics. I feel like a moron for plugging in "quantum physics" everywhere, but I really don't know the specifics of it, or what's what. This movie did however blow my mind wide open.

What would happen if we exempted all the unattainable ideals that society and the media create, completely? What would happen if we just focussed on searching completely for "enlightenment" (I put this in quotes...because it's a funny thing, that word "enlightenment") and didn't care about the constructs our mind has created based on playing the observer for much too long? The way this film put things, (and it seems so elementry, but it's not) is that WE create our own reality. We influence everything around us in how we percieve it. Until you look at a rock, and actualize it as a rock, it is just a ball of matter. Maybe it's not even a ball. And probably, it's in more than one place- you just percieve it as being where your constructs have placed it. On the ground. In your hand. Does this make sense?

This movie touched a lot on faith and religion. And I was quite jarred by it all. At first I was perversely pleased that all of the people that helped narrate and prod the film along slammed organized religion, but then I was just kind of agape as one by one, they echoed clearer sentiments towards something I feel like I'd been inching my way towards slowly over the years. There is no personified God. "God" is in all of us.

Dr. Fred Alan Wolf (a physicist, writer, and lecturer) even said, "I don't know what God is. I know I believe in something, but I don't know what that something or big thing is." Vague yes? Out of all my theological beliefs or ponderances, this is the concept I usually return to. I can't look anyone straight in the eye and say I'm not spiritual somehow, but I sure as hell couldn't explain it. And I probably never will be able to...but there is a certain spiritual aspect to the way particles are manifested into everything by the perceptions of humans.

And then I wonder if the perceptions of humans work the same way in other animals we ourselves have judged to be capable of thought processes similar to us. There were repeated statements in the film that to achieve the ability to truly manifest reality through the fog of surreality (to achieve "enlightenment") that you'd have to do just that, navigate and irradicate any (completely) previous constructs.

"You may have a smear of positive thinking, but the doubts, uncertainties, and lies you feed yourself are still piled up underneath it." (Ramtha)

This movie was incredible, in that it was very intimidating, but made a lot of sense to me. I'm not sure what I can do with what I learned, but there was this thing that Dr. Joseph Dispenza kept saying about what he does when he wakes up. Right before stroking the bishop, I imagine. Perhaps during. Who knows. Anyways he said he would think immediately upon waking about his day, and set about "creating" it. Creating it how he wanted it to go, but ending by thinking, "but let something surprising happen that I will know immediately as something that I created, that I made happen." This sort of confuses me, but it doesn't...?

Very interesting. Very abstract. And there is much learning and reading to be done about it hopefully. I just hope I jump into the right book first and don't get scared away from it. As for my mom... I've never felt such a weird feeling as I did when I came out of that movie tonight: I just didn't want to talk about the movie at all. I'm ignoring Westjet, I'm ignoring everyone right this moment because I wanted this to digest as much as possible before I lose it to my vociferious black hole of a brain. Point is, I didn't want to talk about it, but she did, and by speaking about it right then outside, it sort of made it trivial, like it wasn't meant for expansive thought, and well- it pissed me off.


 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger