Emergency!
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
  Going to Hell is So Hot.
Today was fantastic.

Here are some highlights:

*I had peach tea on my way to school today. So good. Admittedly, the stuff my mom left here is all flavour and no kung pow (read: the incredible amounts of caffeine I have come to need to keep me somewhat "with" the program on the way to school). Tea has sort of been growing on me lately (in my armpits, the small of my back...just kidding). And I feel so sage drinking it. I just feel like I could solve all the world's problems over a cup of tea all of a sudden.

*Marginal Lit is MAKING SENSE! We are amazed! I'm feeling a lot more comfortable there, and suprisingly (and probably to the annoyance of some of my other classmates perhaps) the repetition of the concepts, over and over, is what is doing it. Everytime I hear one thing explained in a new way, it just becomes that much better. And I only have one ear, and it's the left- so HA. (I'm going to start lording the structure of my neural pathways over everyone, better watch it)

* As previously mentioned, BSPV and I had coffee together again, where we pored over his marginal lit theory (diagrams, for lit theory = awesome!) that he's been meditating heavily on. Our coffees always seem so short, but today we had the epiphany to sit together in English for once, and thus spent the whole class passing notes and giggling over our prof. It was so much fun, but I have some pretty crap notes to show for it. Good thing my neural pathways are so awesome. And that the Cat Lady said I could borrow her notes if I was "that easily distracted in the future."

* Instead of studying for three hours until my lab, I felt a little inspired and wrote some poetry, while also rehashing and re-writing a couple that I'd done at a previous time. At first I felt bad for not studying, but with the vein that my day has been on, I quickly got over it. I'm going to Hell anyways, right? And I'm happy how things turned out. I still have to organize them all into some sort of ordered volume though so I can get Fenton to edit them for me somewhat. And then? Who the hell knows.

*Walked to lab with trepidation, having never actually sat down and made a website on my own, from the ground up. And, unlike what I was expecting, it was a joke. Microsoft Frontpage? Come on... So, putting the minimal effort required of....any Ed. student, I now have a page worthy of around 1995 vintage that I made, and that no, I will not link to. It's fucking horrible. The least you could do, oh conceited TA of mine, is give us a little creative license to find our own text, images, and video clips- not give us a web-page of lame samples. A ten second clip of a football game. A badly done clipart computer. A boring text document that you wrote. Boo. We are disdainful of this criteria. That said, I still enjoyed doing it all anyways- gives me an excuse to do mindless work, and pay attention to detail. And to think about other much more delightful things. Like books. And other stuff.




 
Comments:
BSPV?
 
My new friend Bullshit Proof Vest. If you know anything about Edmonton...he's from Millwoods, hence the nickname. Read up on Millwoods if you're curious, though most headlines involve "drug related so and so, stab stab, gush gush." Really though, I like the neighborhood, and I'm not just saying that to be nice. My bud Corcoran (in my links) does all his photography from downtown Wash.DC, and to me, Millwoods sort of has that maturity suiting to photography. Or I could just be blowing air out of me arse.
 
I went to edmonton this summer. I hoped not to get stabbed. The end!
 
Well, I'm glad you didn't get stabbed, that would have been unfortunate. No more pictures!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger