Emergency!
Monday, January 24, 2005
  When I get Old- Alkaline Trio
It has been a fairly great day, and my screen has finally stopped flickering, so I no longer think it is on the verge of death. Class was enjoyable, and oh my god this is a boring way to start a post. Jumping into the meat of things:

Marginal Lit is both starting to become more clear, but also, contradicting that, a little bit fuggy, because the definition of what "marginal literature" really is, seems quite nebulous right now. Bullshitproof Vest clarified a few things, but I must say, the way that he talks inspires me to diagram what he says, because he's sort of a visual thinker, and I don't follow visual explanations with...no visuals. Maybe I'll do that next time. I still got the gist of it though, which is the important part, but oy, I have to start paying more attention I think, and possibly going over my notes before going to class.

At coffee today, the subject of aging came up betwixt my company and I, that got me to thinking along his lines. What is going to become of us all when we're old? A whole melee of things occurred to me, and while I told some crap story about being like the scootertastic hag off of "Waking Ned Devine", I really started to wonder. I looked up at him and wondered what he'd look like when he was old. Wondered what I'd look like with a wrinkled face and an eyebrow ring. Wondered if I could still rock out to the Dead Kennedy's if I were old- holed up in my resident geriatric home room. Wondered what my friends would be like when they were old- if some would make it to be that old, which was a fucking scary thought. Will I ever wear those stockings that wrinkle around the thick ankles of old ladies? Will I have thick ankles and vericose veins? Of course I will, but then I think of all the other freaks and geeks out there with tattoos that will wither and fade, and admittedly, this is sort of funny, but it's also interesting to imagine how our generation will weather the next fifty years, which brings on a whole other plethora of interesting musings.

All these things that we hold important and dear to our hearts now- how will that change? I'm curious to see what happens. I'm curious to see if my piercing holds out that long (j/k) and see if my style comes back when I'm in my mid-forties. I'm curious to see myself go out of style though too, to see when I become dowdy and "out of the loop", and the uncool mom. Because I will be an uncool mom, guaranteed. Everytime I see these mothers that try and keep up with their daughter's, fashionwise, I want to yarg. Admittedly, there is some credit due to those that can devote the time or the money, but if you're like my mom, you're comfortable in yourself, and this is not an important priority. She likes what she liked in the eighties and early nineties, and that's never going to change. And she sticks to her guns, and still looks great. Perhaps that's why. This has gone not in the direction I wanted it to go in.... To return though- I just wonder what will be happening ten years from now. Someone invent a time machine, and let's go.

God this is dumb. I feel really strange right now. But anyways- I read an article in the paper on Saturday about journal writing. Apparently, journal writers are more likely to suffer from insomnia and depression, especially females (ie: Virginia Woolf). Wow, that warms my heart. Seriously though, I am both dubious of this, and agreeing with it, but I think that there has to be a further analysis into the ends that journal writer's meet when they are recording their days in the first place. Specifically regarding the insomnia bit though, I'm inclined to think that my insomnia would be worse then it already tends to be if I didn't journal, because there would be no cathartic purge of the thoughts that clog my brain. As for depression- that's a crock. Not the clinical diagnosis itself obviously- Ok, I feel like I'm talking out of my ass here, so I'm just going to stop.

It's amazing outside today, and everyone that I've seen has been happy and animated. Good old vitamin D.

Song of the day: "Such Great Heights"- Iron & Wine (I stopped listening to the soundtrack weeks ago, but it's playing on my playlist right now, and it always makes me smile).




 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger