Emergency!
Sunday, February 06, 2005
  Across the street there was a Seven-Eleven. It was 7:11 PM. She gasped.
So my weekend was actually pretty good. I smoked one half a pack over three days, which, is - if you know me- considerably less then I smoke usually. I also realized that as unproductive a weekend that it probably was, that I'll be glad that I took it in about one week or so.

The weather was the right amount of sunny cold, and the air was crisp and fresh. I went snow-shoeing this afternoon through my summer (grouchy) neighbor's place, to make sure no one had been prowling around his huge yard and cabin. No one except for a curious badger, which was weird, because I've never even seen traces of badger before- but the gait in the tracks was unquestionably what it was. Davey Crockett has nothing on my mad tracking skillz. My grandpa taught me how to track when I was like eleven. I tell everyone this, but I doubt anyone believes me because only one or two of my friends have even seen me in that kind of context. Grandpa wanted to groom me to be a hunter (ess?) of moose. As soon as I discovered his plans, I foiled them- but admittedly, I take secret pleasure in being extremely comfortable in the woods in this manner. It's nice to not be someone who goes, "ok, there's some trees- beautiful- let's go." You think you see everything in one picture in the forest, but if you lower yourself to groundlevel, or raise yourself above the ground, it's a whole new multitude of things to look at. If anyone knows a dirty hippy looking for someone like me, let me know.

I heard my uncle use that phrase today, in a hostile manner as a matter of fact: "That damn dirty hippy- god, what an asshole. He made me install his phone for him, and filed bankruptcy a week later (pointing at building on bonnyville mainstreet)."

Yesterday, we went to the playcenter for kids that my mom volunteers at - I ran into three girls that graduated a year ahead of me, all of whom had children in tow. I wasn't horrified, because it's not stupid for someone my age to have kids, but I was horrified because I realized "it's just that close to me- that childbearing thing- and I wonder if I'll ever be mature enough for that." And then I overheard the conversation of the three mums regarding a houseparty, and decided that perhaps I would be mature enough.

Coming home tonight was something I've been dreading all day. And while I managed to sneak into the house relatively unnoticed, the first journey to my room was jarring.

Underneath a shoddily scotch-taped up clump of hair and yarn and thread and lint (this is like The Ring- it was horrifying) that was hanging like a scalp off my door, was a note that said "Emerson-This is the last time. The last time I will clean the head of the vacuum off because you did not (and stick it's filthy filthy contents on your door)." Missing segment: "If you do this again, I will transform into a harpy and gouge your eyes out with my scissor-like talons, vacuum up your entrails, AND MAKE YOUR PARENTS CLEAN THE HEAD! BWAH HA HA HA !!!"

My dad wrote a nasty letter to the Journal about a smoking ban at the workplace. I support him 100%, and wrote him a joke letter underneath his on his laptop equating smokers to people walking around with chainsaws. A danger to yourself and others, don't you know?

So honestly, I'm bummed about Mr. Pink. I'm bummed about my grandma's surgery. I miss my friends. They never call me.

 
Comments:
Not every day.... It was just a really isolating weekend, that's all. Really, I can't imagine why I'd be attached to you two at all. And yes, I realize my aunt is intimidating- but really...no more intimidating then, any other fire breathing monster. And if she wants to get chatty, as is her habit, just hang up the phone, or tell her you're in the washroom taking a dump.

And this "I only talk on the phone to my significant other (when I have one)" crap is nonsense.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger