Emergency!
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
  Just say no to crack.
I feel sort of strange right now. I really had an awesome time skiing, much fun and injury was had by all, but I sort of wish my mom hadn't told me the news before the whole "fun" part of my holiday began. Granted, I was able to push it out of my mind for the most part of that time somehow miraculously, it all sort of hit me at once today as soon as we landed home in this place that isn't really a home, but a gathering of the broken, the dying and the vagrant, that smells sweetly of nicotine and "breakthrough" pain meds.

I went for a quick sip with WestJet earlier on the pretext that I didn't want him coming to Keegan's with who ever is going to Keegan's later, and it was the hardest thing to just pretend like nothing was wrong, and be all chipper. I put on this really amazing (best effort ever) british accent for the whole period of time, and it was so brilliant and melancholy sounding. This sounds so strange, but it cheered me up. It's funny how you can hang out with one of your friends and still have to devise ways of amusing yourself while you listen to the things they say combined with an equal degree of whitenoise they produce that sort of irks more then anything. But this said, I don't have many friends that produce whitenoise, just the one. But we all do have our moments too, right?

But to the things that have passed: Skiing with my father and Bento was a lot of fun. We hit Sunshine with much ferocity and Lake Louise the next day with just a smidge less ferocity then the day before, that I attribute wholly to myself for being completely out of shape and sore-ish. But we did lots of moagles which always makes me happy, though on the second day, I was admittedly not doing many or avoiding them, because Lake Louise had sort of shitty snow conditions (read: not much snow at all to speak of). But Sunshine was amazing. Powdery, gorgeous and sunny, and just awesome. In the whole day, we probably only stopped for about fifteen minutes. As for the rest of the trip, we discovered that our crack shack of a hotel had an outdoor heated pool which was quite nice, as well as a hot tub and sauna which came nicely stocked with some hot Australian boys and old be-speedoed German dudes (urk). I also got to hit Welch's candy store a number of times which never ceases to delight me, and inspire fear in me (fear of bankrupting myself for candy, fear of eating myself to death via Abba-Zabba bars...etc). But it was great. And we never went hungry, food was everywhere, lining the streets, and falling out of the sky, supplementing our gorging Western Natures.

I'm in such a weird mood, but must run.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger