Emergency!
Thursday, March 31, 2005
  Disgusting.
Know what I hate? People who put things commemorating their awesome ability to remain monogamous to one person for over six months in their MSN messenger names. Fuck you. I also hate people that talk about how much they love their monogamous partners in terms of what they bought them for anniversary gifts. Instead of saying "I love you sweetums", they should say "I $400 you, sweetums!" If I'm ever with some guy who buys me gifts like that (I'm not saying this to be a bitter single curmudgeon- it's just fact- I've always been like this) for a one year anniversary, I'd send him for financial counselling with a big "retard" sticker on his forehead.

The kicker of the whole conversation that this is commemorating is, "it's a good thing this promise ring was on sale for $400, or else I would have had to spend $800!"

I don't know about anyone else, but if I ever accepted a present like that, I'd feel like a soul-sucking Nazi. Moreso then I already do by merit of being of the female species. Ha ha ha.

Tip: Be thoughtful, not thoughtless. I highly doubt that 14k gold rings with diamonds spelling "I love you so much that I'm financially inept" are going to make me feel warm and fuzzy the next day. This might be a good opinion article to anyone hurting for an opinion article topic.

On that: An esteemed writer for le Papier handed in his resignation the other day. I'm fucking pissed. The type of stuff that went down at that meeting was downright bureaucratic, badly-played, political B.S. This whole thing has been a circus, product of a massive and irrational overreaction. We know the Gateway is risque. We also know, as educated members of society, that when we see the words "heil Hitler" completely out of context in an article, that it is probably just a mistake. I'm really dissappointed that some of the other editors have been bending over backwards to make unnecessary, ass-kissing apologies that blow the whole "Hitlergate" incident out of proportion, and making no apparent attempt to stick up for the editor in question. Because I hope that some of them are realizing just how ridiculous the whole thing is. Ironically, one editor made mention in the letter of apology today that "blah blah blah, professional product." Maybe it's spin, but the whole point of a Hitlerbomb was to make sure the editors were doing their job, and thus ensuring high quality. Sure, the term was risky, but on that note- how the fuck do you miss "Heil Hitler"? If it had been a slip of any other term then this, save "Christianity and/or Islam sucks", we wouldn't be short an editor.

On a different note, the person in question handled the resignation, and the massively unjust "hearing" prior to the request for his resignation extremely gracefully. I think that the Gateway has lost a very valuable voice, and I hope they realize that. The man in question has always given me the impression that he will definately be involved in bigger and better things anyways in the future. So yeah, here's a big "I 'heart' Ross Moroz!" for all you fucking naysayers out there on the U of A campus. Man, look at all these f-bombs. This thing incenses me.

Additionally, and a little inflammatory- I will be glad when this year's opinion section comes to an end. Hopefully next year will bring better prospects who aren't Nancy-boys in the way of contraversy. Because I'll be back next year for sure I hope. We shall see if practicums get in the way or not. Or panty-waist editors. Or, politics regarding me saying that this year's editor was- yeah, you get the point.
 
Comments:
Heil Hitler!

For some reason I just had an impetus to do that. And not under my real name.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger