Emergency!
Sunday, March 13, 2005
  I've been unfair.
These tinges of guilt and awfulness have been following me around all day, because of the little grumble I posted yesterday. I've been moody as hell for the last two days- space is becoming an issue.

Friday was one of the most enjoyable nights out I've had in a long time at a bar. Lately the bar scene had been holding very little appeal, but going to New City was so amazing. I had so much fun. I've never been there and not had fun- similarly however, I've never been there without a time limit either. It seems that I never have enough time to stay there as long as I want to, but at the same time, I'm grateful for the time we had. And importantly, I was able to prove I have more then one dance move. Even better- I was having so much fun that I didn't get drunk! I had four beers in total, not including the shot of Kahlua I had in my coffee earlier. This seems like the stupidest statement ever, I know, but I'm really trying to get out of this "drink muchly" thing, and it went quite well.

So, who did show up for my little night of debauchery anywho? Not nearly as many people as I'd hoped, but enough that a rocking good time was had...by a little over half of us. Two ducked out to the Roost in the hopes that we'd meet them later, and I haven't seen them since. Also, some of Fenton's friends came, most notably, the ex, and well....it proved not to be their scene. Unfortunately, I was enjoying myself too much to be considerately downtrodden appearing for them though. Fenton, WestJet and I danced around like crazy banshees for most of the time, it was so great. The only time that his friends seemed to enjoy themselves was upon exiting the club and sitting down at Dennys. It was at this time that I realized that I feared ending up being stupid boring and uncomplicated, with the personality of a dead fish. I don't want to talk about income taxes, jobs, working tomorrow, responsibilities, school, exams, other boring things that you're only saying to hear yourself say, for feelings of inclusion, on a FRIDAY NIGHT, when I'm a little tilting and hyper. Thus, I became quickly sedated. It's a miracle that I didn't pass out in my chicken fingers.

As for chronological order...guess what happened before we went out to the bar?

I went to the EAG, even though the Realism display didn't open until the next day, because I wanted to see the surveillance camera landscapes. And I got there 20 minutes before closing, sweetly getting allowed in on a donation, and managed to get through most of the top floor. As for the actual display- it was my favorite kind of painting to see. I love seeing acrylic paintings done with detail, but with precise linear details- not completely expounding the object, but insinuating through ...ok, pretentious art talk that you won't get. It was awesome, and creepy, but delicious creepy. Paintings, of surveillance cameras! So cool! After this, I decided to go to the Japanese Village for dinner, after seeing the boys briefly (didn't think Aaron was going to come later) off, where my phone was constantly going off and ruining my zen state in the dark and cosy restaurant (AND CHEAP! Did I mention that? This is an untapped resource !), as necessary as it was. There were old placards that claimed dress code, but apparently they nixed the rule in favor of not turning away surprisingly scant clientele. Torn Clash hoodies do after all command respect then. For the rest of the night, it was just me and my book then, bonding as I rolled tumultuously and repeatedly throughout each poem, sometimes twice, no, three times!

And last night, we had more fun. Robots, is a fucking awesome movie, it turns out. And the animation is probably the best that I've ever seen. Period. It's. That. Good. Blue Sky productions has really picked up their act. Ice Age was really lacking I felt, but wouldn't you know it, they kicked ass with this one. Kicking ass of Pixar even. Question though: who was responsible for that travesty of The North Pole Express? I can't remember. I don't even want to see it. Anyways, the biggest thing that caught my attention was the use of light- like natural sunlight- the only thing that even came close to that was Pixar's A Bug's Life, but even then, not with the quality that Robots demonstrated. As well, the details to the motion/action in the movie was exquisite. I wish our public transit was like that, perhaps going out wouldn't seem like such an ordeal then. Because it would actually be one. And fucking exciting on top of that, (environmental...cost efficient....those too). Too bad we're fleshies though.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger