Emergency!
Thursday, April 14, 2005
  Creeping.

Creeping.
Originally uploaded by septapus.
So today was presentation day. Contrary to how I felt directly after my really long ramble (why no one stopped me...I don't know), I think now that I didn't do that bad. But it was really unreasonably long and sort of incohesively put together--something I didn't realize in retrospect. But really, I'm just glad it's over. Funny, because I want so bad to be a teacher...but there is little to script in that sort of "front of the class" situation.

Bullshit proof vest and I had a great coffee and a good walk/talk in the chilly weather today for a good hour before he ambled off to skip our English class--for which there was good reason to. Dr. Jiggety-jig just decided to talk about random things until he trailed off into silence and asked for us to suggest things to talk about for "the next little bit here". I was just about to walk out halfway through class, when he sensed the masses were agitated and came up with some incredibly vague summarizations towards our final exam essay topics. Crap crap crap. It was the longest fiddy minutes in the history of man.

Afterwards, I fell asleep on a bench like a wretched bum with aviator glasses on the entrance between HUB and Humanities and waited for Fenton to come and shake me awake for another caffeine infusion at Remedy [1]. Expresso milkshakes, and since the manager who likes me was on, he gave me ALL the milkshake in the container. That's right--ALL. It was worth getting sick for. Bulimia is fun.

So we chatted for a while and headed back to campus to get some pictures of the installation art I talked about earlier. Just in the nick of time too, because the girl was about to start bringing it back in. I have to say though, I sort of liked yesterday's "umbrella rays" better. I like "not understanding" situational art-- that makes it more wonderful. And seriously- if anyone knows the name of that course, please tell me.[2]

When I got home, I cleaned like mad with the idea that I'd have enough time to drag out my bike and do some inspection- as I had the great epiphany that I wanted to further explore my neighborhood, and also just get off my lazy ass--period. I ended up cleaning from seven to eleven though, so no such luck. Tomorrow, I suppose.

I have some other things that have been on my mind, but I am really tired, so maybe another time.


[1] Note to the wise- taking home half a tandoori chicken wrap and making it freezing cold in the fridge makes it taste unbelievably awesome later. It's almost better then hot...

[2] Here's looking at YOU my favorite art guy, Mr. Waldron-Blaine I! Do you know?
 
Comments:
ART 450 and 550 are the installation courses.

Hopefully i'll be in 450 next year, but it's hard to say, because southlab might not exist next year. It's up in the air, but I'm on the list, at least, so I'll be in if it's offered. But yeah, I want to take it pretty desperately. Pre-reqs are 12 credits of 300-level studio art.

If you come to Halo tonight, i'll introduce you to Krystin, who was in it this year (and did some awesome stuff, may I add).

Oh, and the girl who made the sitting people is Chelsea Boos, for those of you who can't remember.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger