Emergency!
Wednesday, April 13, 2005
  George Dickie is a dick.
Beryl's ignoring me. And I feel sort of tired and strung out. And I'm smoking too much. And I just want to do anything else but this.... WHINE

*cuts wrists*

I wrote my EDIT 202 final today. Fell asleep in the middle of a problm set of binary code for tri-colored GIF files (oooh...hard...) and woke up refreshed fifteen minutes later. Finished the exam with minimal difficulty, and walked out with a half an hour to spare. I RULE!

There's installation art on campus by the bus loop. I suggest that you all go see it. It's no Saffron Gated wonder, but it's still pretty awesome, if not a little transparent. I liked it, and I eagerly await stealing photos from someone who takes pictures of it, because I am a sad Flickr whore with no camera.
 
Comments:
The gates would have been great if they had gone up in the 70s when the idea was first proposed.

Anyway, the installation out on the lawn was part of an exhibition in southlab of the installation classes (there were yellow "electric silence" posters up around campus). There was (for a while during the afternoon) a piece up in HUB too, although it was a pretty poor one.
 
THE GATES WERE NOT SHIT! I loved them, so awesome. Probably yeah, it would have been better if they'd gone up in the seventies, but the battle of getting permission to do it was half of the glory in the installation.

Also, update: There were canvas installations behind Rutherford today, of people in a yoga position illustrating a "connectedness with the earth." (<-- verbatim of the artist herself). Really cool. I didn't even know they had a class involving any sort of installation art in U of A.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger