Emergency!
Sunday, April 17, 2005
  Sister Nunchuku of Enlightened Compassion
See above for my featured Unitarian Jihad name. Gendered accordingly.

I realize that my last post was dry as hell, but I've also realized lately that I have not the time to devote to all the zillions of things that have been running through my mind. Or maybe it's that nothing has been going through my mind. I honestly don't know.

Interesting sidenote: I went to Southgate mall for the first time ever yesterday, to fetch a skateboard for my cousin (he gave me his birthday money, all $68.00 of it), bringing my own shit deck along. The look that the skate repair guy gave me when I walked up to the counter was one of growing horror.

"Do you want new grip n' stuff?"

"Ah, no, not really...I can't afford it..."

*gasps* "Um....are you sure?? Like really?"

And really, I'm thinking that "yay, I can skate" but honestly, compared to say rollerblading and biking, it's muy impractical and dumb. I like that I taught myself how to do it, and that I'm very proficient at it, (I can do anything that I put my mind to), but it makes for a tremendous accumulation of sport stuff, as well as exceedingly unecessary risks of injury. And I hate falling on my ass. So, my other cousin and I reached the consensus that I will teach her how to skate this summer (she's young, spry and inafraid of falling) and just give her my deck. And I think I'm ok with that, although the deck itself is getting kind of thrashed (the bearings are still ok though, but even the trucks are pretty chewed up, to say nothing of the somewhat flexible state of the deck itself. Additionally- since I have no interest in learning tricks, I also find it quite boring to just skate around aimlessly. It isn't the most efficient mode of travel, as I've probably mentioned already.
 
Comments:
I have one image for you:

A guy dressed in a kilt rolling down granville street saturday night smoking a pipe. And I mean a pipe, like grandpa smokes. He just meandered along pulling a few moves before stopping in front of the Royal.

This is my brother.
 
Yeah, it's easy, but yeah, I also taught myself with no assistance whatsoever. I was able to pick it up and go after about five minutes of putting it on the ground for the first time. That's what I'm "proud" of.

Additionally= lesson from the nineties- "no offense" doesn't give you license to be offensive. Jerk.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger