Emergency!
Monday, June 06, 2005
  Bend over and smell my stinking satisfaction at a job well done.
I have had such a sweet sweet day. First ten hour shift of the summer, and it was fucking long, bitterly cold and generally unenjoyable. Unenjoyable that is, until the end when I experienced some stinking awesome victory.

Today was monthly evaluation day. Today was also the day that my mowing crew ditched me at Father Jean hill and made my foreman extremely angry, as well as myself. Today was consequently the day that I chewed out said crew thoroughly at our last break, having realized that I had to jump in and take the reigns that no one seemed to be holding insofar as...organization and communication. This sounds so cliched, but the looks on their faces ... although I imagine the look on my face was pretty incredulous too when they tried to defend taking long breaks and shredding garbage, and sloppy workmanship.

Direct quote: "I find it offensive when you go behind me and cut the stuff that I've already done. Just because I have a different cutting style doesn't mean--"

Cutting style? Hold the phone. I didn't know that not cutting all the grass that should be cut, was a cutting style. And of course, I didn't have anything better to do then clean up your messy job. It was at this moment where I realized that it wasn't the case of having work ethic and just slacking off, but the fact that this was work ethic, upper class style.

So yeah, my crew doesn't hate me, but they are perhaps a little miffed. Surprisingly though, we talked about an arranged work alienation so I don't have to deal with them pissing me off as we cut, and that might go ok. They were fairly good about it, but called me a perfectionist. Hah.

And to cap my day off, I didn't get fired directly on the spot of my eval. such as I was half-expecting, because I know that my attitude has been absolute garbage since I started. I did slightly better then I normally do across the board, except (surprise surprise, on account of piss poor organizational skills of the crew, and sloppy workmanship) my quantity was down, as well as safety practices. Insert knowing glance and raised eyebrow from foreman here. He has known me long enough that he knows that I'm only reckless when I'm pissed off.

Another thing: after my eval, I was able to just sit down with Boss and have a good long talk with him about everything, and apparently, though he hadn't indicated it at all prior, he is on the exact same page as me. I was thoroughly stunned and chewed him out for it. In the end, I think we're back to "getting along like friends" terms again.

As for what I've been THINKING about all day? Drunken email reperations, greeting cards, bridal shower and convocation gifts, suitcase pimps, and driving to Mexico on a 72" Toro. I suppose there will be a poetry reading tomorrow though....I can't wait.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger