Emergency!
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
  Parting the red sea. Of ocean.
I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that I was in what should have been an excruciating position for my injured knee, but was actually comfortable, like old times. Even better, when I woke up, miracles occurred and I was able to walk on my leg unassisted.

BAZAAM! I'M CURED!

Ok, so I'm still a little stiff and incredibly leery of said limb joint crumbling out from under me, but hey... more optomistic then I was. I figure I will be leaping about by monday and ready for work again.

As for my actual weekend? Super awesome time had by me until that fateful Sunday morning. On Saturday night, we anchored up into a flotilla with five other boats and had a really nice supper all together, passing dishes from boat to boat, and of course, getting thoroughly hammered on wines with names I cannot even pronounce. Overall, it was hideously pretentious a time, and I was very uncomfortable, but enjoyed all the food anyways and just tried not to make an ass of myself. Which worked, until the next day. Grace Kelly however, got loaded, and apparently this is the norm: "we are too loaded to get into our dock slots, so we will moor out in the bay for the night and sleep off our inebriation." So I spent the night watching the far shore fire off miscellaneous left over fireworks from the night before, and observing the sunset. It was really beautiful and peaceful. I've decided that if I have s/o one day, that I'll have to take them out and do a boat mooring or two minus the aunt.

And so, the clubspeople slept off their inebriation, and two of them awoke with a gross tonne of lakeweed on their anchor, and could not get said device back onto the boat, on top of blustery winds that helped to make the boat extra unmaneuverable as a result. Crashy crashy! We didn't actually crash into anything, but I-- in all my monkey footing from bow to stern trying to fend off other boats as we basically drifted out of control, wrenched my knee socket again.

And so, that is the story of how a girl crippled herself and got a sunburn by laying on the dock having tylenol and other assorted miscellaneous prescription drugs thrown at her until leaving to go to the hospital.

Today has been really good. But boring. I've begun the apartment hunt though, which is very exciting.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger