Emergency!
Saturday, July 09, 2005
  rock and/or roll
Wow...I'm stressed out. We went to our first viewing today, and I was a nervous wreck and probably still am. I didn't sleep last night because I thought that a) the place was going to be terrible, or b) it would be really nice, but there would be a hitch.

Hitch number one: apparently, you have to make a huge initial dropping of money to install your first phone line. Solution? Voip (...) or Primus. I'm more inclined to try Primus, but will have to convince my roommate that we should step into the future perhaps (ie- be cheap bastards/bitches).

Seriously though...I love the place. It sounds probably insanely naive or stupid to like the first place you see, but I see it as us being incredibly stupidly lucky. Because it is really nice. I don't even mind the small kitchen, and I don't even mind that there is no balcony. Everything else in the location more then makes up for that. And personally...the galley kitchen is kinda fucking cute. And we have an oven, and that's all I cared about kitchenwise. As an unexpected bonus: any small creature that doesn't have fur, a bark/meow box and a need to defecate more then six times a day, is allowed in the building. Score!

So, really, all that happened after that was that my parents phoned, and predictably, doubted any or all of the decisions that I have made or decided to make at any given point in the day. Because apparently...everyone needs to second guess anything that I do, because my judgement is piss poor, and of course, I haven't learned anything from a) my parents, or b) 7 fucking years of transient ass-protecting existence. I got really mad at my mom over the phone, because I was really sort of tired, I am stressed (Because I totally knew it would happen I guess, that she would automatically question my judgement), and really sort of offended that she apparently thinks I can't do anything without their consultation. She's irate because she doesn't think that Fenton is meeting me halfway on location, which is total bollocks. I've known from the beginning that I don't want to live around campus, and that I prefer the downtown area. And that I love being around Jasper, and China town, and that ultimately, I feel more comfortable there, then in a radius populated by more drunken frat boys and beatiful fake people then I can count.

Things to discuss tomorrow, in this order, with my parents: (I'm writing them down so I don't get disorganized...but mostly so I don't lose my nerve)

a) I am doing my IPT this fall, picking up all my extra courses in my winter semester, and doing my APT next september, to graduate in December. I will complete any extraneous stuff in one of those two summers, and yes, convocate in 2007. I didn't want to do my practicums back to back, because it seems infeasible that I could get all my extra courses done in one set of spring and summer sessions. It also seemed like it would lead to a lot of unnecessary stress. Additionally, I have no wheels- I don't therefore forecast myself as being able to have a summer job (where I am currently situated) and also get myself to my spring/summer classes on time, and in fit condition to learn.

b)I am switching banks. An upgrade.

c) I am applying for a student loan. If this fails, I am getting a student line of credit, and they WILL co-sign for it if they have to. The less money you have to shell out, the more likely I will be able to live my own fucking life in a non spoonfed sort of way.

d) Stop doubting me. If/when you doubt me, you make me feel like I can't do anything right on my own, and that I have poor judgement, and that I have to ask you all the time in order to do things the "right way". It really fucking bothers me.

Hm... still mad. I better sleep on this.

I've decided today to get used to people being unreliable. I have friends who are reliable and I treasure that, but I also have friends who are not, but I've decided that it isn't a big deal after all if I just don't rely on them for anything.
 
Comments:
My phone was usurped...But good plan. Maybe we just need to get good cell plans (and I, obviously, a phone).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger