Emergency!
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
  It's raining spit
It's funny how sleep affects people differently. So many people get alarmed about the lack of it, and so many people use it as their motif.

Sleep and I...we have a funny relationship. My body seems to need it, but my mind thrives without it. I feel more distinctly aware of things around me when I'm sleep deprived. My "left brain" becomes more in-tune (presumably because my right brain is completely exhausted, which my poor hearing when I'm tired can be attributed to). Examples of this are in those commutes that always seem so surreal to me after I've basically gone three days on ten hours of sleep. I start reading things backwards and computing them backwards. Delusional perhaps, but I see it as this poignantly intelligent madness when I'm sitting there listening to the lyrics of the songs playing on my mp3 player, and wondering why the world is moving so fast around me when it really doesn't have to. If I was less easy going, I think that the rapidity of this movement and the intense awareness I have of it would be liable to make me snap at every little thing that I found irritating, but somehow, it doesn't work like that. At some point in the night of toil, a light comes on, and you almost cease to care about everything except that one task you are focussed on. Except for your boyfriend who has been coaching you through the whole thing while lamenting his 'tanky' state, which apparently is an 'ism' for gassiness attributable to canned corn.

.skcart ffo yatS Tracks off stay.

weiverialC
ytisrevinU

.noitutitsorp dlihc tneverP Prostution child prevent.

.duol si toidi tahT Loud is idiot that.

So...logically, I should be sleeping so I don't sleep through my alarm that isn't loud enough to wake me no matter what calamities arise tomorrow, but I'm feeling productive, like I am going to draw the best goddamn comic art statement ever. So I'll go do it. Procrastination doesn't even seem like an option right now, which is shocking. It's my last project of the week, aside from my introduction letter and a meeting on Thursday with my UF, and two midterms. No...I am not really studying. I realized this morning that I've been fooling myself for four years with the idea that me "studying" actually made a difference. My teacher told me so. I don't know. Things may change.

But it could all just be a trick of my mind.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger