Emergency!
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
  "katimavik bickering"
Oh god. You have no idea how this hit me when I saw that someone had actually googled this highly contreversial and unpleasant experience.

Say for instance, you're bickering with your mom when you're at home for the holidays: Unpleasant. Now, take fighting with your mom and put it into an enclosed space from which there is no escape for 9 months, and then multiply the number of mothers present by eleven.

Whoever looked that up...I fucking feel for you man. If you decide to look this up again, my advice is this... know the personality types of the people you live with, and learn how they clash, and make sure that there is at least one good mediator in your group. If there isn't one, make one a mediator. Because PL's are fucking crappy at this type of thing, more often than not. I mean, half the time, the only sort of "seniority" or "expertise" they hold is that they are a few years older than you, and can keep all their fucking around suppressed (which manifests itself during the duration in a variety of interesting ways)while "taking care" of you.

And as for the bickering itself....this is inevitable, but also surpassable. Try not to react to things, and go with the flow, unless your "leader" (all groups have a natural leader of sorts) is a complete dictator. THEN, shut him/her down. If they're french, give up, and be passive. LOL.

Edit: Strange thing, but I had "The Yellow Submarine" stuck in my head for the entire duration of Katimavik. I would wander around our houses and just roar it out at the top of my lungs if I was mad. It made other people a chance to laugh, and I found that by being loud and obnoxious, I felt better.

Finally...as the final cliche-> When I finished Katimavik, I thought I would write a book about it, but goddamn it, everyone else has done that already. And plus, I never felt like much "happened" that was worthy of a book. Mind you, all the other Katimavik books were drivel too. We sure had fun though<--summation.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger