Emergency!
Monday, March 27, 2006
  Well fine...fuck you.
Have you ever house sat for someone before? It's like you adopt their life(style) for a week. And, this is refreshing at some point because it's a little change from the ordinary, but then it becomes old, fast. And the second day isn't even over yet.
In fact, I would say that so far, it's downright embarrassing. Before my aunt left, she gave me about $300 worth of lecture time on how to have the most unhealthy and codependent relationship with your canine EVER. Dogs don't need their teeth brushed. I don't need to go on an 11:30 pm car ride, so you can show me where the closest animal hospital is. Importantly, your animal's heart is not liable to explode if you do not adhere strictly move by move to the morning and evening routine that you are borderline OCD about anyways, prior dog.

Along with this little lap dog toting person I am temporarily becoming, I am also the driver of Moby Dick, the Ford Explorer. Embarrassing. Even more embarrassing, is the only cd you remember to bring to jam into the stereo at the airport as soon as she is in revolving doors, is Matthew Good. Yeah, I could have listened to the radio, but man am I tired of Sonic lately. And I don't really like many other stations. Plus, you know....cruising...I wanted cruising music.

And last on my list of highly unreasonable and ungrateful whining-ishing, is that I am afraid to eat anything here. I don't know how she eats this stuff and doesn't fluff up into a ball of fat. Stuffed foods with french names, and no cheese in sight that isn't 95% "Going-to-kill-you-sensuously."

In short...I've long loathed my aunt's lifestyle, she's very much ruled by a higher standard of living, and it just gets higher. It makes me nervous to be around it, because I'm afraid I might like it, but at the same time, it's embarrassing. Do you know how embarrassing it is to walk with a dog like this downtown? Do you? I love him dearly, but man....He needs some mean ass jowls and a bit more mass than a meagre six pounds.

Admittedly, I feel bad for the poor dude...he's all tired and fuzzy and sleeping in my lap, and more than a little depressed that Godzilla is not here.
 
Comments:
I totally understand about this bubble you're talking about. It's some kind of materialistic existence some people need to feel worthy. Really sad but many people think that "things" make them happy.

Give the doggy a pet it's not his fault he looks that way.

Rose
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger