Emergency!
Monday, June 19, 2006
  I wish I had an evil twin
It is so hard to get alone time, still. If I were planning any illegal activities, I'd run into someone I knew in this building, and they'd want to turn it into a social event.

Hey, I'll go get my friends and some hot dogs. Sound good? Wait here, I'll be right back.

Seriously...I've been fine with people lately. I'm rather shocked at my returned enthusiasm still, because I was completely infested with small talk disease last week. I've never worked service before these jobs, not something that was this conversationally demanding (and yet completely brain-damaging)anyways. So now, I have to be peppy, energetic, sell sell sell! I hate that at the Geek Palace we have to push the store plans for electronics or furniture. Even paper shredders. Because I've at least figured out how to judge when you have a patient customer or an impatient druggy--now something that has happened at each store- same person too.

No dude. I'm not going to exchange a xerox drum that is six years old. You try this shit all the time at the other store. Remember me?


"Well...FUCK."

I've really established in the course of the week too who the people I want to continue to be friends with in the building are too. The rest I've just been more cursory towards. Those who like to show up at my door CONSTANTLY looking to borrow something- cursory. The angels that have offered to let me borrow their vacuum...friendly as hell.

Today, on a more random tangent, the super's best friend told me that he was going to make me a coffee table out of brushed welded steel. One can only squeal like a little girl when hearing stuff like this, so of course, that's what I did. He's such a nice guy. I may now be able to use my davy's locker as an entertainment stand now.

Even more random, Beatrix tried to commit suicide again today, but on a brighter note, she must not have landed on our already shady carpet on her back, because she got to run a marathon of silvery snail trail curliques before drying up enough that she just sealed herself into her shell. As always, the Heroic Fenton-boy intervened and saved her miserable mollusc life again before she bit the dust, literally. I'm tempted to let her down again so she can just eat all the shit off the floor and save us more grief with the vacuum cleaner.

In other news...my boss has just informed me that he's taking vacation time to go to the states at the same time I'm taking my vacation time to go to the states, so today he charged me with the responsibility of finding a two week temporary replacement. Now step up boys and girls, and vy for this very educational stint of "maiden/boy behind the counter"!* Let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in this thrilling adventure, and I will introduce you to my boss, and train you in the ways of the dull-steakknife self-defense arts of the store clerk.

I should go to bed. I have a large agenda tomorrow.

*Do not get stabbed, burned or any other unintentional injury, as all fees are quietly under the table and workers will not be supported under the Workers Compensation Act.
 
Comments:
If I decide to randomly quit my current job between now and then, I may be free and conveniently located for such a job. But I wouldn't count on it too much.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger