Emergency!
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
 
So this might be old news to some...but good news from the Vet's office today. My cat is worm-free, FIV-free, mite-free, and perfectly healthy, although the jury is admittedly still out on whether she was feasting on the flesh of her brethern. She's been settling in quite nicely, and her stay is going to be elongated for another three weeks apparently, as she cannot be around other cats until she's cleared the vaccines she got today. And, this doesn't bother me a bit, because I've been enjoying her company immensely. She's insanely affectionate when she's not pre-occupied with exploring, playing or being afraid of people's feet. Today too, she proved how resilient she is, as she was incredibly cooperative and uncomplaining of the visit to the vet. She didn't cry at all, and she held still for the whole time. She ended up weighing in at an incredible 2 lbs and 4 ounces also, just in case you wanted to know. Even numbers = good luck, as far as I'm concerned. Normally kitten vaccines make them pretty sick for a day or so also, but she's already back to climbing the furniture at this point, and eating Fenton's spilled tuna off the floor. Maybe it tastes like kittens. Who knows?

I have been thinking more seriously about just keeping her here rather than turning her over to Kat. It seems feasible the more I think about it. I could fit her litter box under the cupboards in the bathroom and she'd still be able to get at it, even as an adult I think. I won't even be here long enough for her to grow that big though either. Plus....I know of at least four other people in the building who have had cats for a long time and have thusfar evaded Allan the super's "hallway allergic reactions to fur." However...it's something I will have to clear with the new roomie as well, with the stipulation that he wouldn't have to take care of her or share responsibilities past affection-giving.

In other news...the summer session has been going very well. It's only been two weeks, and I already feel a lot more confident about staying in the program, and a lot more comfortable that I am doing the right thing by becoming a teacher still. Fuck, my grammar sucks lately...I apologise. It helps too, that the more we do teaching analysis and such, that I realize my past mentor teacher was a complete headcase, moreso than I'd realized before.

All in all...I'm in an incredibly good headspace right now. I know I'm going to quit Geek Palace at the end of August, go on vacation, do good in practicum (like try fucking hard) and generally kick ass at this game of Life. And that in itself is uplifting. Plus, now I have a furry side-kick. How effing rad is that?
 
Comments:
i wish all is well with kitty. i am glad to hear that there is no wormies and such inside of her. tres good job!

also, i think if kitty likes you and if new boi roomie thinks it is kosher, i say keep the beauty.

why not have a furry partner in life crime.
 
Pets bring out the best in people I find. What's kitty's name?
 
Hannelore ...or Hanna Monster, as I've started affectionately calling her
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Death involves an injury?

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / June 2019 /


Link Sluttiness
evil // mad // adam w-b // shane // jaden // ben // robyn // thomas // she took the bomb // the great // ink // my flickr // vasyL // massive missives // street rag
comics of note
questionable content /// able & baker /// bunny /// a softer world /// creatures in my head /// nothing nice to say /// dr. mcninja

Powered by Blogger